Saturday, February 18, 2006

Magnolia dining room

Friday I invited Joe and Pu and Matt to Magnolia, a place I have read about and was dying to try. It is a private kitchen (no restaurant license?) in a nowhere street in Sheung Wan. There were 8 people total (including Matt) and the other 4 were so OBNOXIOUS. They were totally snobby expatriates - with multiple helpers for their 'little princess'. They were dissing our hotels - so cheap - and grateful that they were staying in the suite on the Disney Cruise, because (I am letting you in on a secret) we are high-end travellers. And generally hateable assholes, apparently.

The food was the best despite our lame company. Cajun and creole food. Of note was the cornbread, the salad with a killer mustard dressing, the sweet potatoes - my lord, these potatoes were divine. And the dessert. PeCAN pie. My stomach ached when I got home 2 hours later. Matt had to convince me to get ready to bed, because I was near explosion, Monty Python style. At least if that happened, I would have died happy and larded.

No comments: