Monday, April 06, 2009

Diet rant and Adrien Brody

Being on a diet sucks.
Right now it is 4:31 and I have been so hungry that I want to eat my left arm off.
Over the last couple of months I have succumbed to these cravings – as I am recently off of the wedding wagon and no longer have a need to fit into any specific piece of clothing (although thankfully the wedding dress was empire waisted and likely forgiving – but needless to say I was so strict last year with my eating I think my innards are conspiring a mutiny). But my face is a tad plumper than I would like, and my skinny pants are growing a flat tire at the top – so it is time to take action (or inaction).

5:08 update – my hunger has passed! I have always contended that hunger is a bell curve – and it is. I was officially hungry at 4:19 and it is now almost an hour later and I am not. Yippee!

On a totally unrelated note, I just saw Cadillac Records last night and Beyonce is really beautiful as a ‘50’s/’60’s doo-wop singer and I think she looks way better as Etta James (e.g. a proper weight) versus the Diana Ross-like character from Dreamgirls. Etta makes me want to wear fake eyelashes everyday (if, you know, I even had the energy to blow my hair dry properly everyday). Also, I absolutely adore Adrien Brody. I love that he is not a classically good looking guy but just has bravado and confidence and can kiss Halle Berry on Oscar night. Guys like Adrien will be appealing forever, long after their looks fade…

No comments: